Nearly 30 departures feature overnight calls, scenic scenery and cruises that extend to Iceland and Greenland
SEATTLE, 23 January 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The Netherlands America Line’s 2024 Canada and the New England season is set to feature 29 sailings ranging from week-long excursions to longer, more in-depth voyages. The close to home cruises that depart or end in Boston, Massachusetts are idyllic for family holidays and guests looking to explore North America Atlantic coast. An extended round-tripBoston the itinerary also extends to the dramatic landscapes of Iceland and Greenland.
From April to October, Volendam and Zuiderdam offer a series of seven-day “Canada & New England Discovery” sailings with ports that showcase the region’s delicious seafood, deep maritime history, distinctive charm and natural beauty. Ten- and 11-day cruises on Volendam add Newfoundlandwhile a 24-day expedition adds Greenland and a circumnavigation of Iceland.
“ONE Canada and New England cruises have it all for travelers who want to stay closer to home but experience a taste of Europebeautiful scenery, amazing food, natural beauty and incredible history,” said Beth Bodensteiner, Holland America Line’s Chief Commercial Officer. “Our extended season allows travelers to explore the region from spring to fall, including the popular fall foliage, and by offering longer cruises we can extend up to Greenland and Iceland for a truly unique holiday.”
Get the whole early booking bonus
For a limited time when guests book 2024 Canada and New England cruises with the Have It All premium package, the standard package amenities of excursions, specialty dining, a Signature Beverage Package and Surf Wi-Fi are included – plus the added benefit of free prepaid Crew Appreciation, along with free upgrades to the Elite Beverage Package and Premium Wi-Fi.
Highlights of the 2024 season:
- A 24-day cruise with departure July 27 on Volendam sails t/r from Boston and sails around Iceland, enhancing Holland America Line’s home port initiative, allowing guests to see the world from their doorstep with just a short flight or drive to port. The cruise makes six round-trip calls Icelandwith 10 additional visits in Greenland, Maine and Canada’s Nova Scotia, Labrador and Newfoundland.
- Volendam will cruise between Boston and Montreal, Quebec, Canada in both summer and autumn in a series of seven days”Canada & New England Discovery” itineraries with convenient weekend departures. Ports include Bar Harbor, Maineand the Canadian destinations of Québec City, Québec; Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island; and Sydney and Halifax, Nova Scotia. (That 28 September departure exchanges Bar Harbor to Rockland, Maine.)
- Zuiderdam will sail seven days”Canada & New England Discovery” itineraries between Boston and Québec City, with weekend departures and overnight calls at Quebec City at the beginning or end of the cruise. Ports include Bar Harbor, Charlottetown, Sydney and Halifax. (That 21 September departure exchanges Bar Harbor to Rockland and does not include one Quebec overnight.)
- A seven-day “Historic Shores” round-trip cruise from Boston aboard the Volendam departs July 20 and call at Portland and Bar Harbor, Maine; Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada; and Halifax and Sydney.
- Volendam offers longer “Newfoundland & New England Discovery” cruises that sail between Boston and Montreal. Ports on 10-day cruise include Quebec City, Baie Comeau and Havre-Saint-PierreQuebec; Hjørnebæk, Saint Anthony and St. John’s in Newfoundland; Halifax and Portland. The 11-day long departure arrives at Portland, Saint John, Hjørnebæk, Charlottetown and Quebec’s Saguenay.
- Both the Volendam and Zuiderdam will be sailing around the region this autumn, allowing more guests to see the impressive display of the changing foliage. Itineraries offer scenic sailings through the Gulf St. Lawrence and Saguenay Fjord.
- Netherlands America Line’s perfectly sized ships are small enough to make it possible to sail the scenic St. Lawrence River, with calls to Montréal and Québec City on almost every itinerary and large enough to host multiple venues for live music, entertainment productions and specialty dining.
- Volendam offers 13- and 14-day repositioning cruises along the Atlantic coast between Montréal and Fort Lauderdale, Florida, in April and October. Both cruises include an overnight stay at Quebec City. Zuiderdam 11-Day Atlantic Coast Cruise from Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale in October adds Charleston, South Carolina.
Explore food, wine and culture on culinary tours
Exclusive country excursions in collaboration with FOOD & WINE magazine highlight the region’s flavours. On Canada and New England cruises, guests can enjoy authentic poutine and maple syrup-infused treats or farm-to-table cuisine in Quebec City; explore the best of Nova Scotia culinary scene along Halifax’s iconic waterfront boardwalk; and try Prince Edward Islands freshly shucked oysters, lobster sliders and home-grown mussels.
For more information about Holland America Line, contact a travel advisor, call 1-877-SAIL HAL (877-724-5425) or visit hollandamerica.com.
Find Holland America Line at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Holland America Blog. You can also access all social media via the website at hollandamerica.com.
About Holland America Line
Netherlands America line, part of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE:CCL and NYSE:CUK), has been exploring the world for 150 years with expertly crafted itineraries, exceptional service and genuine connections to every destination. Offering an ideal mid-ship experience, its fleet visits nearly 400 ports in 114 countries around the world and has shared the excitement of Alaska for 75 years – longer than any other cruise line. Netherlands America Line’s 11 vessels offer a wide range of enriching activities and amenities focused on destination immersion and personalized travel. The best live music at sea fills the Music Walk every evening, and dining options offer exclusive selections from a culinary council of world-renowned chefs.
Bill Zucker, Erik Elvejord
SOURCE Holland America Line