As the January transfer window opens across Europe, rumors are swirling about who will go where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest rumors, news, news and of course completed deals!
Headlines: Chelsea eyeing Olmo if Arsenal sign Mudrick
Chelsea linked with RB Leipzig midfielder Dani Olmoaccording to the Daily Mail.
Spain international Olmo, 24, tipped to be a target if Blues fail to beat Arsenal to sign Shakhtar Donetsk winger Mihailo Mudrick… Olmo has also been linked with Manchester United.
Mudryk’s future remains up in the air and while Chelsea hope to beat the Gunners to sign him, they are making contingency plans in case he ends up heading to the Emirates Stadium or staying in Donetsk.
Chelsea have signed several players this window, including David Dattro Fofana, Andre Santos and Benoit Badiyahirsources told ESPN they are also looking at Markus Thuram.
Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Newcastle United, Aston Villa, Bayern Munich and AC Milan are all interested in France star Thuram, who has six months left on his contract at Borussia Mönchengladbach.
– ESPN+ Live: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (USA)
09.53 GMT: Brighton & Hove Albion Manager Roberto Dezeby has already explained his decision to drop Leandro Trossard, who has been linked with interest from Chelsea and Newcastle United.
Trossard was not included in Saturday’s 5-1 FA Cup defeat at Middlesbrough (Watch the replay on ESPN+ in the US). After the game, De Zerby was asked if speculation about the Belgium international’s future had affected him.
“I don’t know,” Dezerby told The Athletic. “I think he’s one of our best players and one of our most important players.
“I want to play with Leo all the way through the first 11 games, but it’s not just up to me, it’s up to Leo.
“I don’t know, but I want players to play for the team on the pitch and Leandro knows my opinion and my thoughts very well. I have talked to him many times.”
“As a player, I like him, but I want more from him because he can play better, he can work harder, he can run more on the court, I think To give players 100% in every training session and every game.
“Without these characteristics, they wouldn’t be able to play with me.”
09.00 GMT: Jed Spencer Sources have told ESPN’s James Olley that a loan move to Tottenham Hotspur this month in search of a first-team player is increasingly likely.
The 22-year-old right-back, signed from Middlesbrough for £19m last summer, has made just five substitute appearances in all competitions, totaling 32 minutes this season. Despite Spence’s determination to make a successful move to north London, there is recognition by all parties that he needs to play more, with Spurs manager Antonio Conte preferring Matt Dougherty and Emerson Royal in defense Role.
Sources told ESPN that Spence has attracted interest from at least four Premier League clubs, including Germany’s Bayer Leverkusen, as well as various options. However, no deal has been struck with any club so far and with the January transfer window now open, Spence will be evaluating his options.
Injuries to Doherty or Royal could force them to reconsider. But as far as the current situation is concerned, Tottenham are ready to let Spencer leave temporarily.
Reports that Royal could leave the club this month are considered outrageous at this stage, with a source closely linked with Tottenham playing down speculation of an imminent move for the Sporting CP right-back pedropolowho will cost about £40 million.
Spence was again named on the bench for Saturday’s FA Cup clash with Portsmouth, coming on in the final 15 minutes of the 1-0 win (Watch the replay on ESPN+ in the US)
Gossip on Paper (Nick Judd)
– Borussia Dortmund striker Jayden Bluff Loan German club likely to get more game time, report Fabrizio RomanoThe 20-year-old Dutch striker, who joins Borussia Dortmund from Manchester City in July 2022, has quick feet and an electric pace. However, after making just seven appearances this season, he and the club are hoping he will gain more experience elsewhere, with a number of clubs interested in him.
– Crystal Palace and Everton
– Borussia Dortmund star Marco Royce His contract expires at the end of the season and he has since reportedly become the latest target for Saudi side Al Nassr Cristiano Ronaldo There are more big names and Reus, 33, is said to be considering his future.Saudi Arabia also trying to negotiate with Real Madrid Luka Modric and Paris Saint-Germain Sergio Ramos.
– Aston Villa will need to up their offer Alex Moreno According to Mundo Deportivo, if they were to bring in the defender from Real Betis in this transfer window. Aston are keen to improve their left-hand defense and believe Moreno – who was close to joining Nottingham Forest in August – will provide the necessary quality boost.
– Leeds are battling Everton and Brentford for the Coventry City striker’s signature Victor Joe Keres, according to Teamtalk.Leeds manager Jesse Marsch is looking for further reinforcements beyond signing defenders Maximilian Weber From RB Leipzig. Swedish striker Joe Keres has scored 12 goals in 25 appearances this season. Coventry value the transfer of the 24-year-old at £18 million. Leeds United officials believe there is room for change in that figure and are prepared to spend close to £14m.