Hello, hello! Danielle Fallon-O’Leary is here with your Monday edition of the Franklin Daily, filled with everything you need to know about what’s happening locally.
But first, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny. Top: 58 Bottom: 42.
📢 I am looking for business owners and marketers in Franklin who want to build awareness, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our readers to local businesses they should know. If that’s you, then I invite you to learn more and secure your spot today.
Here are the top three stories right now in Franklin:
- According to the latest data from the Department of Labor and Workforce Development, Williamson County still has the lowest unemployment rate in Tennessee. The current county rate is 2.4 percent. Despite the low rate, the county did not see an increase of 0.3 percent during October A majority of Tennessee’s region had a rate below five percent. (Chattanooga)
- The City of Franklin will hold a Virtual Environmental Meeting regarding the proposed Development Plan and Rezoning for 101 Cool Springs Boulevard. The meeting will be held on Wednesday, December 7 at 6:00 pm The purpose of the meeting is to provide residents with details of the project and to allow engagement and applying for the project. Participants are asked to register for the meeting in advance at this link. (Franklin City)
- Williamson County reports that all county government offices will lose internet access on Thursday, December 1. The outage will be from 9:00 am to 11:00 am The outage will allow the district to increase its internet speed moving forward. Please plan accordingly. (Williamson County)
From our sponsors:
Today’s Franklin Daily is brought to you in part by T-Mobile. T-Mobile has invested billions to build the best network, with 99% of people in America using LTE, which helps communities like ours stay informed and connected. We thank T-Mobile for their support and for making today’s Franklin Daily possible.
Today in Franklin:
- Rejoicing Blood Red Cross At the Williamson County Public Library (11:00 a.m.)
- Cut the Ribbon On Canvas With Williamson County Chamber of Commerce (4:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Is the current housing market making you feel a little overwhelmed? Consider this list of the latest properties in the Franklin area to hit the market. Click to view a complete list of properties that include prices, photos, and property dimensions. (Franklin Patch)
- Franklin’s pension committee will be meeting at Franklin City Hall next month. The meeting will be held in the Boardroom on Tuesday, December 5th at 1:00 PM (City of Franklin)
- Franklin’s visit was encouraging the community to shop a little this holiday season. Consider it shopping on Franklin’s Main Street. (Visit Franklin, TN via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
Thanks for following along and stay tuned. See you all tomorrow for another update!
— Danielle Fallon-O’Leary
About me: Danielle Fallon-O’Leary is a senior writer with content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and helps Patch.com curate community newsletters. Danielle also holds a Master’s Degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders and works part-time as a pediatric speech therapist.